I just bought a sony laptop with the 900MHz duron and am going to set it
up as dual boot at first.  The 15GB drive came partitioned in 2 chunks
and I thought I simply place RH7.2 on what windows sees as the D:
drive.  It looks like it is really a logical in an extended partition.

Two real questions before I start.

1) will grub or lilo simply boot XP as the other operating system just
like win9X or has enough changed that I will need to do somehting else?

2) can I install linux in the extended partition? I would probably
create my typical seperate partitions : /, /boot, /var, /tmp, /usr,
/home, swap.  These partition numbers would obviously start at hda5 and
be way into the disk.  I have not done the dual boot thing in so long I
thought I would ask the gurus before starting.

3) (bonus question) when I started the install to see if I was going to
have any immediate hardware issues before punting I noticed the laptop
installation option.  I have never done one of the standard  config
installs and probably won't this time but does anyone know what apps get
installed with the laptop option?  Are there new laptop targeted apps
since 6.2 I should install?

TIA

Bret