Title: RE: System is hanging with 'LI' only showing

you should just be able to boot using a rescue CD-Rom or floppy, mount the root partition of the hard drive and then do a 'chroot' on it and rerun '/sbin/lilo'

it is typically a mismatch between the MBR and the Motherboard, i.e. you might get this problem when you hook up an old hard drive with a Linux filesystem into a new computer.

-Brad