>> Silly question: Have you seen if the BIOS configuration is _exactly_ the
same in the boxes that work and the ones that don't?
>> Hope this helps
>
>Someone please explain this. I removed this entry from lilo.conf:
>serial=0,9600n8
>
>I have 250 nodes all with the same hardware, same image, same everything,
>but 7 of these nodes would hang at LILO, apparently because of this entry.
>
>Any ideas?

I'd really not trust this : 250 machines with _exactly_ same hardware
this would mean that _any_ component in _all_ the machines are the same
(make and model)
I'd suggest to open one machine that works and one that doesn't, have a
look inside and compare chips one by one, and, whenever it is possible,
compare firmware levels. it'd be amazing that you wouldn't find any difference.
Bien sûr que je suis perfectionniste !
Mais ne pourrais-je pas l'être mieux ?
        Thierry ITTY
eMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]               FRANCE