Thanks, I got them configured.  One more question:  How can I tell which
card (physically on the motherboard) is eth0 and eth1.  Are they
automatically assigned in a certain order (e.g. top to bottom)?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Robert Dege
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 9:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 2 network cards

They both might have already been identified.  Don't use kudzu like
that.  It's more of a plug-pray style device.

To see if both devices have been identified, type `dmesg`, this will
give you kernel info on boot (ie: what devices the kernel found).  Also,
/sbin/lspci will give you a list of pci devices that the kernel found.

-Rob

> I have 2 3COM-905b-TX pci network cards that I am trying to configure on a
> redhat 7 system.  Kudzu seems to only be able to find one of them at a
time.
> Can someone point me toward a resource that will explain how to get linux
> see both of them through a manual configuration?

-Rob