Title: RE: 2 network cards

they are assigned by the order in which they are discovered..usually the lowest numbered PCI address ehich is an Ethernet card will be eth0.

*Usually* the slot closest to the power on the ATX MB form factor is lowest.

The sure way is to only configure eth0 with a valid IP address and then start a ping from another machine and switch the network cable back and forth... ehich ever one answers is eth0  ;-)

-Brad