On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:

> At 1/15/2002 04:06 PM -0500, you wrote:
> >I'd really prefer to use LILO as
> >boot loader since I have no experience with GRUB, unless someone convince me
> >that GRUB will make things easier :)
>
> When I installed a newer kernel with "rpm -ivh" (so that it installs
> alongside the old one *without* upgrading and deleting the previous one)
> GRUB automatically recognized it and made all necessary adjustments.
> Delightful.

        I suppose its a matter of philosophy.  What this gentleman
        describes as 'Delightful' I'd adjugicate as 'bloody fearful' !

        What if it was necessary, for some reason, to continue with the
        old kernel for a period of time ??  With lilo one has the choice
        as to what kernel to load.  Having made that point I admit to
        having  overlooked re-runing /sbin/lilo - with the ensuing
        frustrations !

cheers, Kyle Hargraves