At 1/17/2002 09:34 AM -0800, you wrote:
>but like you, telnet has the "lag" as well.

telnet, ftp, and login all check reverse DNS and I *think* they all check
ident too...

>the reverse dns issue would make sense if i wasn't running the dns
>server myself, and it seems to be working just find here in the office
>directing all the right people to the rh6.2 box for webservice.  (which
>by the way has no lag - leading me to believe it's a inetd problem).

httpd does not check reverse DNS. Note *reverse* DNS, numbers to names.
Your normal DNS can be totally fine and reverse be broken, and the only
problems you'll have are these long timeouts.

This and identd problems are 99% of the problems out there that result in
long timeouts. No changes to *anything* including firewall rules or DNS
anythings?

P.S. Could you guys trim the excess (useless) stuff from your posts when
you're done? It would save us all some bandwidth and the time to page
through it or read to see whether you said anything else; thanks.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz