-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Robert Finneran
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: suprise lag

Wow!!!

Were just started having the same problem with the some pop3d error message
that you are talking about since last night. I want to know if you guys are
using a Mcaffee virus scanner?

We have a machine that just recieved an update for the virus scanning engine
from the McAffee virusScan online. Since then we are having the same problem
with the pop3 service that is managed by the inet daemon running on RH 6.2.
The client machine is Windows 2000 Professional. That machine is also
running sendmail and an ipchains firewall.
The client machine is inside the firewall and is using NAT.

Any clues on tracking this one down would be grately appreciated!!!

Rob