Kevin,

I still have the problem of doing DHCP from the second
NIC (eth1) since DHCP only works on the wire of the
NIC that is requesting it, ie if my laptop requests
it, it hits eth1, and doesnt propgate through to if0
to Verizon. One solution is to connect the laptop and
eth1 to the DSL line directly, do DHCP, but this is
not a clean way.

Sure, if I do find a solution, Ill be happy to send
information to you and whoever is interested.