Patrick Nelson wrote:
----------------->>>>
Bill Crawford
Try running the commit like "su $user -c 'cvs commit ...'"
Restrictions on doing things as root are usually there with good reason, I'd
try to figure a way of avoiding it.
Can you not run the root stuff in one screen/terminal and the cvs stuff in
another?
That might work... hmm... gonna give it a try!

I hate restrictions that others put on me "for my own good".  Especially
when I can NOT find that simple frigging note in the frigging documentation.
That pisses me off.  How much time I just wasted "for my own good"...
Arg!!!!

Well now that I know there is a restriction I obviously have no choice but
to find another way.

Thanks.  My anger is not directed towards you...