Eric Dong wrote:
> hi,
> i am a new comer of redhat linux. just now my linux(7.2) down for power
> failure, and when i reboot it, i can not find the kiker bar(i don't the
> exact name of it, just like start menu on the desktop), so i can not
> open shell and run program. who can rell me how can i deal with it. thks
> a lot.

Not sure how you could fix that (sorry, I don't use KDE), but it should
be a very simple manner to open a shell.

Simply hit CTRL-ALT-F1 and it'll open up a "virtual terminal"
connection, much like clicking on the "Konsole" button under KDE (the
Windows-like desktop environment you're presumably using).

HTH, HAND

--
Mark Gallagher
http://cyberfuddle.com/infinitebabble/