Eric,

I've run into situations like this before and resolved them by deleting the the .kde folder from the home drive of the user in question, letting KDE rebuild it.  I'm sure there is a much better way to fix it, but quick and easy has always worked for me.

AE
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Dong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 2:40 AM
To: redhat-list
Subject: help

hi,
i am a new comer of redhat linux. just now my linux(7.2) down for power failure, and when i reboot it, i can not find the kiker bar(i don't the exact name of it, just like start menu on the desktop), so i can not open shell and run program. who can rell me how can i deal with it. thks a lot.

Eric Dong