This is a very odd message for Red Hat 7.3, since ext3 (the filesystem)
doesn't do filesystem checks like ext2 did (the previous filesystem).

When you get to that point, put in your root password.  Then type in

cat /etc/fstab

And post the results to this list.  In that listing, there should be a
line where the second column has a single slash.  Look at the first column
on that line - that is the device that the filesystem is on.  It should be
/dev/somethingorother.  For example, on mine, it's /dev/hda3.  So run the
following command

fsck -y /dev/hda3

replacing /dev/hda3 with whatever device is listed for you.  Then, type in

exit

to go back to the bootup process.  If any other filesystem besides
/ reports errors, rerun the above instructions for that filesystem.

Anyway, please also reply to me personally at [EMAIL PROTECTED] as I
don't always have time to read the list.

Jon