I'm looking for a 'compile' solution not for HIDE the script contents.
Let me explain my situation ....

    I have some customers that are more than newbie in linux systems. One of
our systems runs on this customer machine and is started by a script ( the
one I'm trying to hide ). All the necessary parameters can be tweaked using
one conf file used by the script.

    The problem is that some customers are making modifications on the main
initialization script and, sometimes, getting the whole system to not work
correctly.

    So I was thinking on 'compile' those base scripts ( or even rewrite them
in some compilable language if 'scramble' them in bash is not possible )
simply to restrict changes on it. All the needed parameters should be
altered in the conf file OR i must be contacted to make other changes.

    Its not to hide but to simply prevent unauthorized ( and even bad )
changes on it.

    Well, I hope you understand it now. I'm not trying to hide anything, i
just want to make my life easier :)

    Sincerily,
    Leonardo Rodrigues