printf'ing in /tmp was an idea given to him.
My tool does not printf it out in /tmp.
you wouldn't de-compile it in 5 minutes, One could easily make another
script to tarball whole /tmp after every 2 seconds and will eventually
get the script in tarball *if* his script/program printf's it out
in /tmp like i suggested him to get the things done temporarily or for
free untill such opensource tool is around.

Regards,
---------
Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka

Chief Technology Officer
Gem Internet Services (Pvt) Ltd.
web: www.gem.net.pk

--- Ed Wilts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 04:23:18PM -0700, Muhammad Faisal Rauf Danka wrote:
>> I have made a tool for compiling shell scripts.
>> basically, my tool randomly generates a key and encrypts whole shell
>> script, then inserts them both in a template of .c code where the key
>> and encrypted text are both written and on it's execution, text in
>> decryped using the very key found in itself.
>> Then executing each encrypted line one by one, thus resulting in a
>> shell script execution.
>> It's tested and works perfect.
>> But it's not opensource, im talking to some people to release it as
>> a commercial utility. If you intend to pay for it then email me at:
>>
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> or i've given you the idea. you can code one easily yourself if you dont want the
>encryption portion.
>> just printf the whole script in a random file in /tmp chmod +x it and
>> execute it, and in the last line do a sleep 1 and rm -rf that random file in /tmp.
>(that's the easy way).
>
>And while it's running, the user simply copies the file out of /tmp and
>your encryption is shot.
>
>This is *not* a compiled bash script.  It's an encrypted script that
>is trivial to reproduce by any competent administrator.  From what
>you've described, I could "decompile" the script in about 5 minutes.
>
>        .../Ed
>--
>Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]