On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 09:47:50PM -0400, Kamal Jain wrote:
> OK, I admit it, I'm new to Linux.  Although, in a former life I did
> administer SunOS systems.  But for the sake of argument, let's assume I
> know nothing about Linux/UNIX other than how to spell them.

:^)

> 1b. Is there a way to add filesystem support to the kernel without
> having to remake the entire bloody thing?

My guess: Assuming you installed all the devel stuff and kernel sources
and headers, etc., for the later kernel, perhaps you can run thru the
kernel config and enable NTFS as a module then to a "make modules"
or whatever the correct incantation is this week. followed by a
"make modules-install" or maybe it's "make modules_install" or similar.
Not having done _exactly_ that it's possible I"m all wet, too. YMMV.

--
---- Fred Smith -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----------------------------
                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,