On 17:30 24 Jun 2002, Ashley M. Kirchner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
|     My resolvers are working fine.  In fact I can run dig/host/nslookup and get
| instant feedback from my DNS servers.  Yet, I can't, for the life of me, figure
| out why lynx/ncftp/ftp and others just time out and not do anything...on BOTH
| machines.

Got correct values in /etc/hosts for both localhost and the machine itself?
Got correct /etc/resolv.conf file?
That's where I'd start. (nslookup etc are not quite as basic).
Hmm. /etc/nsswitch.conf isn't trying nonexistent NIS servers or anything?
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Out of memory.
We wish to hold the whole sky,