On 19:02 24 Jun 2002, Ashley M. Kirchner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Cameron Simpson wrote:
| > Hmm. /etc/nsswitch.conf isn't trying nonexistent NIS servers or anything?
|       I'm not running NIS+ on any of my servers.

I was more wondering if your nsswitch.conf thinks you are...
I'm just poking around here for things I know cause lookup timeouts.

Oh yes - can yours target machines (the ones you're connecting to)
do reverse lookup on the IPs of your 7.3 machines?
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

STUFF: Anything that can be used for homebrewing.
JUNK: Everything else you thought could be used for homebrewing, but can't.
        - Steve Casselman