On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 20:47, Paul Greene wrote:
> I downloaded Redhat 7.3 and burned the 3 cd's; disk 2 seems to have been
> a defective burn. So, I re-downloaded disk 2 again.
>
> Rather than burn a new cd, is it possible to just extract the needed
> files from the ISO image? Does such a utility exist?
>
> PG

Did you do a mediacheck at boottime of linux. This is a new feature
in RH 7.3. When booting from CD1 you usualy start the setup by issueing
an enter. Now enter "linux mediacheck" at the prompt and it will check
the written media (CD's) are OK... (you might want to figure out which
package(s) are broken)

Rick