On Friday 26 July 2002 03:14 pm, KnowHow Tech Support's voice rose
above the ones in my head and declared:

> I am thinking about starting a non profit agency (501) status that
> will accept donated computers from firms and individuals, and rebuild
> them and give them to children and schools that are without
> computers.  I thought I would look for feedback from the list on
> this.  Does anyone know of anyone that is doing such a thing?  What
> are your ideas?
>
> I want to give back to children as much as possible, especially kids
> without computers.  In my opinion a child without a computer is set
> behind in the educaiton system.  Naturally they would all have free
> software installed.  I was just hoping for a little feedback on the
> idea.

I'd be interested in hearing more ideas too.

My wife and I have been talking about this ourselves.  Not going as far
as actually filing for (501), at least not in the immediate foreseeable
future.  But who knows what will happen.

She used to work at a community center for a year or so and we had
talked about giving  the old computers I managed to snag to the
community centers around town to give to the kids.  Instead of me
stockpiling the computers in my basement  I should install Linux and
give them the the community centers.  Teach the kids a basics computer
skills class or something.

--
Tom Wilson
Reg. Linux User #199331