If you get a hold of me off the list as well I could help you out with a
lot of hardware, monitors, pc's, printers, etc. that maybe a little dated
but its better than throwing in the garbage.. Also, if there would be some
work required in terms of my time or efforts, I would be more than happy
to do so..

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Bret Hughes wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 14:14, KnowHow Tech Support wrote:
> > I am thinking about starting a non profit agency (501) status that will
> > accept donated computers from firms and individuals, and rebuild them and
> > give them to children and schools that are without computers.  I thought I
> > would look for feedback from the list on this.  Does anyone know of anyone
> > that is doing such a thing?  What are your ideas?
> >
> > I want to give back to children as much as possible, especially kids
> > without computers.  In my opinion a child without a computer is set behind
> > in the educaiton system.  Naturally they would all have free software
> > installed.  I was just hoping for a little feedback on the idea.
> >

> Great Idea.  There are probably organizations, United Way comes to
> mind,  that would donate the resources to identify those in need and
> distribute the boxes.  One thing I can see is that shipping would get to
> be a big deal and the availibility of monitors will also be a problem.
> Computers are going to be easy I bet.
>
> Now if we could get someone to donate ISP services we would be really
> jammin'.
>
> Contact me off list if you like.  This is a big, make that HUGE job that
> will take significant resources to do on any scale, but a laudable
> effort to try and get started IMHO.  Maybe get the politicians involved
> for some $?  I know some folks in the community service orgs around
> Tulsa and would be willing to talk to them if you like.
>
> Bret

---
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits."  - Albert Einstein

Ashwin
kutty..
Systems Administrator
Dalhousie University Libraries
(902) 494-2694

__
redhat-list mailing list
Unsubscribe mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe