On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Anthony E. Greene wrote:

> The GPL helps to ensure that improvements are shared. The BSD License
> makes it easier for improvements to be kept hidden. Many more people are
> willing to share if they can be sure that the sharing goes both ways.

OTOH, some companies will release binary drivers under a BSD license to
protect their proprietary API and not the source code under Linux.  Some
would rather have a binary driver than none at all.

DDDD   David Kramer         [EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://thekramers.net
DK KD  Pitr: Serve me and my dark legions well, and I will grant you your
DKK D        deepest wish.
DK KD  Greg: Fine.  Promise me you'll make stupidity painful.
DDDD                                                           User Friendly