This is my $0.02 cents on the subject:

FreeBSD appears to handle better and is more business-centric whereas
Red Hat, if used properly, can be the same. However, FreeBSD acts a
little better and is more secure on a default system install, whereas
Red Hat doesn't get such high marks, as a poster on another thread
stated not too long ago (either yesterday or today). If you are in a
mission critical environment, I would say FreeBSD would be a better bet
than Red Hat (unless you absolutely know what your doing) for the newer
people starting out in the Linux world.

As a friend of mine on IRC (Internet Relay Chat) said:
"Black Hat == cracker; White Hat == hacker; Grey Hat == guru; Red Hat ==
victim".

However, I am not saying that everyone on this list should migrate to
FreeBSD, not at all. All I'm saying is that if you want to use it in a
mission-critical production environment, it's best to have a good grasp
on Linux and the basics of Red Hat, especially in the security arena.

Well, that's my $0.02 cents worth.

-- Jonathan

Jonathan Slivko         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    Freelance IT Consultant/Systems Admin.
       http://home.acedsl.com/~jslivko/
      p: 212.663.1109   f: 212.663.1109