Hi Susan,

Am Montag, 26. August 2002 21:58 schrieb Susan Murray:

> On the other hand, users in my office couldn't see much difference
> between Lindows running Mozilla and StarOffice 6.0 and Windows with
> the usual Office crap installed. I realize you can do this with
> almost any distro, but the desktop is the clincher -- it's so
> familiar to them.

I totally agree with you. The problem is the Desktop.
Common users do not care about the System in the background. I have
heard of Lindows before, but I did not test it because of the
problems mentioned by you.

Distributors are being faced with the problem called "OLE".
Remembering SuSE Linux 7.1/7.2 I could copy and paste URLs from
Netscape into KMail but not from KMail to Netscape.

In Addition URLs send by eMail read in KMail can easily be openend in
Konqueror but when I try to directly launch Mozilla (which is my
favourite) nothing happens.

Yes, there are solutions for this maybe, but the common user is not
interested in Linux or Windows (and so may do those who have to
decide between Linux or Windows-Desktops). They only want to work the
way they are used to.

cu
MM
--