> I don't think it was Netbeui that was referred to,
> but netbios over tcp/ip, which is different.

I don't think so to be honest - he talked about INSTALLING it from a hidden
section of the CD. I know for a fact due to my own dealing with M$ the only
other protocol in the Extras section of the CD is in fact the original
Netbue (or however it's spelled). M$ at one stage told me to install it as
well.

Netbios over TCP/IP works out of the box. I know this.

Thats' why I assumed he got his terms mixed up and when he said he needed to
install netbios from the CD I think he meant netbuei.

Anyway, installing it does not help. It's a fact. That's why I told him to
uninstall the protocol. If you have TCP/IP installed it is enough.

Regards,
Ed.