Kevin MacNeil wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 08:53:42PM -0500, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
>
>>Well, I need to know my real IP so I can tell DynDNS the correct IP to
>>direct http://omega-fleet.homelinux.org too.
>>
>>And yes, this is behind the router from the workstation/server.
>

> If the router is a linux box you can download software from dyndns.org
> that'll automatically keep your ip synched with your hostname.  Then you
> can forward connections to port 80 (http) on the router to the machine
> hosting the page.  You can probably do pretty much the same thing if you
> have one of those commercial home gateways.  But we have to know your
> hardware to help you.

No, the router I'm using is an external Linksys Cable/DSL router. Before
getting it I had considered using some of the client software available
for download, but after trying to set up one such utility, I became
hopelessly confused. I figured I'd just log into DynDNS.org once a day
to keep things up and running, although in the future I might re-look
into using an automated client.

If anyone wants, I can show my httpd.conf file (will be attached in full
in private e-mail to interested parties only) so you guys can see how
it's set up.