At 12:12 PM 09-10-02, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
>No, the router I'm using is an external Linksys Cable/DSL router. Before
>getting it I had considered using some of the client software available
>for download, but after trying to set up one such utility, I became
>hopelessly confused. I figured I'd just log into DynDNS.org once a day to
>keep things up and running, although in the future I might re-look into
>using an automated client.

The situation, as I understand is this:
You want to serve a web site from a box behind a Linksys Cable/DSL router.
You were serving this web site before, but the box hosting it was directly
connected to the Internet.
Your web site is omega-fleet.homelinux.org. It resolves to 24.158.191.171
24.158.191.171 is the external IP address that your router reports.
The IP address of the box hosting the web site is 192.168.1.101
If I access omega-fleet.homelinux.org from the Internet, I get your router
management tool.

My feeling is that the only thing that you have to do is have the router
forward external http requests to your internal box. I happen to have a
Linksys BEFSR41. In this router, I would go to the Advanced tab, then to
the Forwarding tab. In the Forwarding tab, I would enable forwarding of TCP
on the external port range 80 to 80 (ie only port 80) to IP address
192.168.1.101.
And disable Remote Management for the router, unless you really, really
need it.

--
Saul Arias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>