On Thursday 10 October 2002 06:50 am, Julian Morcinek's voice rose
above the ones in my head and declared:
> Hi All,
>
> Within the last six weeks, I bought and installed Redhat 7.3. Lo and
> behold, Redhat have released a major version change to 8.0.
>
> 1. They never told me at the time.
> 2. They haven't offered me a FREE upgrade path
> 3. This isn't standard or good business practice.
>
> If they don't offer me the free upgrade, I want my money back.
>
> Am I being unreasonable?

In short, yes.

1)  Who never told you?  The salesman at CompUSA?  They prolly don't
know themselves.  Redhat?  It has been known for a couple months around
here that 8.0 was due out soon.

2)You can download it for FREE or buy it on CD from cheapbytes.com for
about $4.00 US (actually cheapbytes prolly has a different name but
says something like "based on RedHat 8.0" due to some patent or
something I vaguely remember from a year or so ago).

3)  So which company has good business practices?  None that I know of.
 Even the one I work for does stuff that is questionable.  At least in
isn't an Enron or Worldcom or ms software assurance rip off.

I'm sure the store you bought from would be happy to exchange if you
have your receipt.

--
Tom Wilson
Reg. Linux User #199331