On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:33:35AM +0000, Adam Bowns wrote:
> I don't have a performance issue, or at least i don't think i've got
> one :-) How do I go about testing this ?

Do you (or could you) compile Linux kernels very often?  Then go for
it, kernel compiles seem to saturate the CPU pretty well.  It sounds
like you have a nice fast machine.  Making it faster would be fun.
(And don't listen to those who say you should not have such fun!)

Oh, and I am a fan of software raid 1, not only for redundancy, but
because it is faster for reading than a single disk.  (At least it is
for IDE where putting paralel disks on separate controllers is
practical.)

-kb, the Kent who agrees speed is fun, even if he doesn't have a
hotrod computer.