hey list,

I just got a external dynalink adsl router connected to a hub with 2
computers coming off.  I can ping all machines in both windows and linux
environments.

Currently, I have got my adsl connection working perfectly in windows but in
Redhat 7.3, i'm clueless in what i'm suppose to do in configuring the system
so that i can surf the net within linux.

 I changed the ip address on my machine to correspond to the one in windows
with the correct subnet.

my settings are:  IP:  192.168.1.20
                         Subnet: 255.255.255.0

i setup a default route to my adsl router which is 192.168.1.1.

Is there a command in linux which i'm suppose to configure and go through?
What else am i not doing or have done wrong?

Joe