I am installing RH 7.3.  I had a problem of the root password not working.
I found information on how to delete then recreate the root password.  I did
that and it worked.

Now, if I login as a user, then try to login as root the root password does
not work, but if I power off the computer and restart then root password
works?  Is this a known problem somewhere?

When I login at startup as root I get a You have mail message.  I have not
configured any kind of mail server.  Why would I have mail?, and how do I
access it.

Thanks,

Larry Nobs