On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 12:35:06 -0500, David Masover wrote:

all snip.....

All I was getting at originally was to make fsck.reiser4 behave similarly
to other fsck/mkfs programs so that it _could_, when requested, check a
disk/partition for bad blocks. Despite the improved capabilities of modern
drives, sh*t happens. And I, for one, would like the option of knowing
before formatting a new partition if it's OK to do so. Sure, I can run
badblocks myself, but this is counter to what I do with other fsck
programs.

A wrapper script would work fine, and I suppose, some sort of pipe output.
However, I'm just looking at this from a userland perspective, not that of
a sysadmin. Obviously, a sysadmin would not put any disk into production
that has not been carefully tested.

If this is superfluous, that's OK. I can easily work around it, but it
should be noted somewhere in a README that reiserfs/4 does not do bad
block checking during format and only a quick format is done.

--
Peter
+++++
jabber: pete4abw at jabber.org