I'm making the same argument, Perry -- that these facts point to the universe not having been designed by an intelligence.  An intelligence would not have designed it this way.  I select facts and make an inference.  The IDers do the same exact thing.  Neither is anything more than a belief that rings true to the observer.  I cannot persuade in irrefutable form that there is no god.  I cannot be persuaded that there is.  The best that can be done either way is to say that the particular data persuades me or it doesn't.

If I don't believe in god, then it is a bit hard to buy the ID inferences.  If I do believe in god, then the ID inferences may be persuasive -- as a matter of belief, not science.

Steve