In a message dated 7/1/08 7:51:56 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Art--  Well, I don't think the story as told was truly agnostic.  The views
> of the boy were not included. ...

I'll plead guilty to that; the story came from the father.   But religious or
secular, the views of teenagers do not generally prevail over the views of
their parents, absent actual abuse or neglect.   If I had a 16-year-old son, I
could send him to boarding school or public school, or make him move with the
family to (who can I insult here?) Los Angeles, regardless of his "views" about
the matter.   Teenagers and their parents are not equal parties in family
decisionmaking, and I don't think I know anyone (other than teenagers, I
suppose)
who thinks they should be.

Art