From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu [religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu]
on behalf of David Cruz [dc...@law.usc.edu]
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:24 PM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: Re: What's happening in the Kim Davis case

Kevin, before I attempt any elaboration of your first follow-up question below,
can you say what provision of Kentucky law you would cite as at least seeming
to contain a requirement that a marriage license must be issued “under the
authority of” some county clerk?  I apologize if I’m being obtuse about that,
but please do walk me through it slowly.  Thank you.

David B. Cruz
Professor of Law
University of Southern California Gould School of Law
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0071
U.S.A.

From:
<religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu<mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu>>