Thanks Tim. Probably I'm doing something wrong. I did as follow:
1) I saved file ".reminders" in my Google Drive > folder "System" which I can access by link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx6Wrxk4TuEeEJtTz1fBs8MeW03OSWlk 2) I gave following command using such a link and adding the file name: remind -q https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx6Wrxk4TuEeEJtTz1fBs8MeW03OSWlk/.reminders | gxmessage -buttons "OK:1" -default "OK" -center -font "ubuntu 10" -fg black -bg azure -wrap -title "Reminders odierni" -file - and the output was: Can't access file: ` https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx6Wrxk4TuEeEJtTz1fBs8MeW03OSWlk/.reminders '. 3) I tried another way giving to the command a link provided directly by Gooogle Drive by right clicking on the file and choosing item "Get shareable link". Google output was " https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AevuZ66Z0gVMUKHSM-iVewuUUcVy7oDF". 4) I gave the following new command using such a link and adding "/.reminders": remind -q https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AevuZ66Z0gVMUKHSM-iVewuUUcVy7oDF/.reminders | gxmessage -buttons "OK:1" -default "OK" -center -font "ubuntu 10" -fg black -bg azure -wrap -title "Reminders odierni" -file - and the output was: Can't access file: ` https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AevuZ66Z0gVMUKHSM-iVewuUUcVy7oDF/.reminders '. Could it be a password problem? How to solve it? Claudio :) Il giorno mer 26 set 2018 alle ore 12:54 Tim Chase <[email protected]> ha scritto: > On 2018-09-26 12:06, Claudio Pighin wrote: > > Is it possible to save file .reminders in a cloud storage (ex. > > Google Drive) in order to access it by web to show reminders? > > Might depend on your OS. With pretty much any non-Windows OS (Mac, > Linux, BSD), you can create a symlink to a file somewhere else in > your directory structure, including in a dropbox-synced folder. > > $ cd ~/path/to/wherever/Dropbox/syncs/ > $ echo 'REM Sep 26 2018 MSG %"Set up remind/dropbox%"%' > reminders.rem > $ cd > $ ln -s path/to/wherever/Dropbox/syncs/reminders.rem .reminders > > I have two dozen .rem files under version-control in git, all stored > in a subdirectory, and sync that directory (and the git repo) to/from > multiple machines regularly, and use the above symlink trick to point > to the master "remind.rem" file that includes all the others. > > If you're on Windows, I imagine the concept would be similar, but I > have no idea how to create symlinks on Windows. > > -tim > > > _______________________________________________ > Remind-fans mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans > Remind is at http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/remind > -- Claudio Pighin [email protected]
_______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
