On 2018-09-27 09:31, Claudio Pighin wrote: > Probably I'm doing something wrong.
Well, we can try and track it down. Usually when you have one of these remote folder-syncing services, it overlays a local folder such as ~/Dropbox or ~/GoogleDrive or some such directory name. So the aim would be to put your .rem file(s) in that folder and then create a symlink between the file in that folder and ~/.reminders > I did as follow: > > 1) I saved file ".reminders" in my Google Drive > folder "System" > which I can access by link > https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx6Wrxk4TuEeEJtTz1fBs8MeW03OSWlk The question is not what the URL is, but what the directory it's mapped onto is. It's hard to tell, but it might either be ~/System or it might be a sub-directory of your mount-point ~/"Google Drive"/System If this is the case, then you can save it there with whatever name you like (you don't need the prefixing "." which suggests it should be hidden). So you can create ~/"Google Drive"/System/reminders.rem with your text editor. > 2) I gave following command using such a link and adding the file > name: remind -q > https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx6Wrxk4TuEeEJtTz1fBs8MeW03OSWlk/.reminders The `remind` binary expects a local file, not a URL. So you'd specify remind -q ~/"Google Drive"/System/reminders.rem For simplicity, you can symlink that file out into the default location: $ cd ~ $ ln -s "Google Drive"/System/reminders.rem .reminders so you can just use "rem" instead of "remind ${full path to file}" > Could it be a password problem? Nope. You should be accessing the local version of the file (to which your operating system should already have access), not the remote one. So it would help to know: 1) which operating system you're using, and 2) what the exact local directory-name is for the place you're putting the file. On Linux/Mac/BSD, this is likely something like /home/claudio/Google Drive/ -tim _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
