Claudio Pighin writes: >Probably I'm doing something wrong. I did as follow: > >1) I saved file ".reminders" in my Google Drive > folder "System" which I >can access by link >https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cx6Wrxk4TuEeEJtTz1fBs8MeW03OSWlk >2) I gave following command using such a link and adding the file name: >remind -q >https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/[blahblahblah]/.reminders
As far as I'm aware, remind does not honor URLs. It demands a local file. Remember that, in the Unix world, "local file" is a pretty open-ended construct. For example, I don't know if it's possible to mount a google-drive as an NFS disk. But if you can, that would work. You might also be able to write a little wrapper script, something like (not tested, just a sample) ===== #!/bin/sh wget -O ~/.reminders https://drive.google.com/[blahblahblah]/.reminders remind $@ rm ~/.reminders ===== And that might work. The only other option I can think of is some kind of regularly automated rsync, to maintain a local copy of your (entire) google-drive. But what you're trying to do, won't work. --hymie! https://dianne.skoll.ca/canit/urlproxy.php?_q=aHR0cDovL2xhY3Rvc2UuaG9tZWxpbnV4Lm5ldC9%2BaHltaWU%3D&_s=bm9saW5rcw%3D%3D&_c=402ac180 [email protected] _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
