Thanks for all of the messages. Yes, I'm using xterm. I'm an old-timer, so I'm not running gnome, kde, or xfce. Maybe I can find another terminal program that works better.
In the meantime ... Putting this in my .reminders file if version() >= "04.00.00" Set $SuppressLRM 1 endif resolved the missing bar characters at the far right end. IF $PsCal REM ... SPECIAL MOON ... ENDIF resolved the moon spacing issue (while also removing the moons) Thanks. --hymie! On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 04:26:09PM -0400, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote: > On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 16:16:15 -0400 > Hymie! via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote: > > [Spacing is off in "remind -c" output] > > That's a terminal issue; the terminal isn't handling the Unicode > "left-to-right mark" correctly. Xterm and uxterm are known to be > broken; xfce4-terminal, konsole and gnome-terminal are all OK. > > Either put this at the top of your .reminders file: > > SET $SuppressLRM 1 > > or add this option when you invoke Remind on the command-line: > > remind '-i$SuppressLRM=1' ... > > Regards, > > Dianne. _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
