On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 20:52:43 -0400 Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Sep 2022 20:44:48 -0400 > hymie! via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote: > > > Yes, I'm using xterm. I'm an old-timer, so I'm not running gnome, > > kde, or xfce. Maybe I can find another terminal program that works > > better. > > I was an xterm diehard for years, but finally switched to > xfce4-terminal for proper UTF-8 support as well as more modern font > handling. I finally found a font that was really easy on my eyes > (Inconsolata Medium 16). > > You can run just xfce4-terminal by itself without dragging in all of > the XFCE environment. > For what it's worth, I run i3, and recently did a survey of the file sizes of various terminal emulators. xfce4-terminal: 387440 bytes terminology: 556184 bytes qterminal (LXQt): 403600 bytes kitty: 14568 bytes I recently switched back from Arch to Debian, or I would have checked Alacritty (not available on Debian). But Kitty uses your graphics card, is easily configurable, and it's tiny. My choice was obvious. Paul -- Paul M. Foster Personal Blog: http://noferblatz.com Company Site: http://quillandmouse.com Software Projects: https://gitlab.com/paulmfoster _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
