Neat. This looks nice for single-person use to synchronize between personal
devices. My primary use case of Google Calendar is as a collaborative tool.
I'm not sure how to have that without going through some service with large
market share, though.

Mathieu via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
> It does not exactly answer your specific need but I guess I'm taking the 
> opportunity to answer to the original question from 2022: I use a pure bash 
> script (https://git.sr.ht/~mlaparie/remint) to simply remove the need for any 
> ical/caldav calendar. I use remind + remint on all my devices (including my 
> phone, but it has a hardware keyboard so that simplifies using a terminal 
> calendar and editor on it) and display my reminders in a calendar view using 
> remint to wrap the remind functions into keybindings. Then I synchronize my 
> reminders file to git, as remint now has functions to automate the commit, 
> push and pull actions.
> 
> I have not pushed my latest remint commits to the public repository yet 
> because they need more testing, I expect corner cases making it fail, and 
> have lacked time to do any proper testing beyon my own use. But if anyone 
> wants to try, the latest version can (1) show the history of changes of the 
> synchronized reminders files (see attachment), (2) use a configuration file 
> thereby removing the need to edit the script itself and losing changes on new 
> updates, and (3) switch between different reminders files or (4) different 
> remint-configuration files on the fly. (3) should be useful for those who 
> organize their reminders into different files for different contexts (i.e., 
> work vs. personal). There is an option in the configuration to make the git 
> synchronization automatic.
> 
> Mat
> 
> On 2024-01-16 14:35 taekoocair--- via Remind-fans 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> >> However, I do have a script that pulls down two Google calendars
> >> (personal
> >> and work) and converts them to Remind format.
> >  
> > This is exactly what I'm looking for. Would you be willing to share
> > said
> > script?
> >  
> > Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 22:12:04 -0400
> >> "Paul M. Foster via Remind-fans" <[email protected]>
> >> wrote:
> >>  
> >>> On Sat, 08 Oct 2022 18:50:58 -0700
> >>> shipping via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>  
> >>>> I'm looking for interesting ways others use Remind. I am not a
> >>>> very  
> >>>> sophisticated user, but here are a couple of the cronjobs I use.
> >>  
> >>> My use is considerably more pedestrian-- a cron job like this:
> >>> 0 04 * * * /usr/bin/remind ~/.reminders | mail -s 'Daily
> >>> Reminders'
> >>> paulf@localhost
> >>  
> >> I pretty much just use TkRemind.  However, I do have a script that
> >> pulls
> >> down two Google calendars (personal and work) and converts them to
> >> Remind
> >> format.  That script runs from cron every half hour; that way,
> >> things I add
> >> to my calendar on my phone wind up in Remind.
> >>  
> >> Regards,
> >>  
> >> Dianne.
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Remind-fans mailing list
> >> [email protected]
> >> https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
> >> Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
> >  
> >  
> > _______________________________________________
> > Remind-fans mailing list
> > [email protected]
> > https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
> > Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
> _______________________________________________
> Remind-fans mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
> Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/



_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to