On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 09:56:05 -0400
Storm Dragon via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:

> # Reminder to Clock in
> REM Mon Tue Wed Thu 9:25 MSG "Clock in."

> How can I make it so that every Monday through Thursday, at 9:25, it
> either does a notification with notify-send, or speaks with
> something like spd-say the reminder to "clock in"?

The option I use is to use tkremind.  It runs whenever I log in to my
graphical desktop.  If you click on "Options", there are a couple
of relevant options:

"Run command when popping up reminder:"

"Feed popped-up reminder to command's standard input"

I have a Perl script called "notify-reminder.pl" that reads standard
input and speaks the reminder.  You can make your script do whatever you
want.

If you prefer not to use tkremind, you can get a similar effect using
Remind's "-k" option to run an external command whenever a reminder
is issued.

Regards,

Dianne.

Attachment: pgp8G54rSHEzA.pgp
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to