Howdy,

I was reading about wxremind, and it says that it will give spoken
reminders using festival. It also says it is no longer maintained.

I was just wondering, how can I do the same thing just using remind's
syntax? I have started off with something extremely simple, my remind
file consists of the following:

# Reminder to Clock in
REM Mon Tue Wed Thu 9:25 MSG "Clock in."

How can I make it so that every Monday through Thursday, at 9:25, it either 
does a
notification with notify-send, or speaks with something like spd-say the
reminder to "clock in"?

I was working on this not too long ago, but had other stuff come up and
put it on the do later list. Now, however, I have so much of a full
schedule, that I can't just rely on memory. So I need to get something
going with pop up reminders or spoken. I get the feeling I'm missing
something simple here, but I still haven't managed to figure it out. I'm
guessing I need remind -z in some form, but nothing I have done so far
actually triggers the notification or speech.

Thanks,
Storm
--
⛈🐲
Accessible low cost computers for everyone! https://stormux.org
Stormux Code Repository: https://git.stormux.org/storm/stormux
                         https://git.stormux.org/storm/configure-stormux
Stormux Shop: https://stormux.org/shop/
Get my public PGP key: gpg --recv-key 43DDC193
Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of 
course: laziness, impatience, and hubris.

Support Stormux: https://ko-fi.com/stormux

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to