On Sun, 10 Nov 2024 14:04:45 +0000 Jerome via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
> - [3] I don't get this one, as I would expect the echo command to be > triggered only for queued reminders, not for all reminders. The echo command is only triggered for queued reminders. The non-queued ones are "handled normally" which means Remind just prints them. In this case, it's impossible to distinguish between the normal output and the echo output. If you try: remind '-k:echo QUEUED %s' .reminders then you should see a difference. > - [4] I don't get this one either. Looking at the man page: "The -a > option causes Remind not to immediately trigger timed reminders that > trigger on the current day. Right. Since all of your reminders are timed, none of them will be immediately output. They'll all simply be queued. I think you have your understanding of -a and -aa reversed. > Last question (please bear with me): how do I run remind to: > - get past timed reminders for the day when I log on? You could run: remind -q [options] .reminders That will trigger today's reminders, including any past ones for today, but it won't queue any. > - make sure future timed reminders get triggered when they are due? remind -a should do that, with an appropriate '-k' option if you detach from the terminal and want to pop up a message. Or you could use TkRemind which runs Remind in daemon mode (-zj) and handles background reminder notifications in a nicer way (it pops up a message and optionally uses the desktop notification system.) Regards, Dianne. _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
