On Tue, 12 Nov 2024 09:32:36 +0000
Jerome via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:

> Still one question: I have 'REM AT 07:30 Morning routine' in my
> reminder file. I turn my laptop on at 8:00, can I force past
> reminders to trigger notifications through notify-send (either using
> tkremind or using a custom remind command in my .bashrc for example)?

You can run a Remind instance from your .bashrc that doesn't queue
reminders, something like this:

     remind -q '-kannounce-reminder %s' .reminders

and have announce-reminder be a Bash script that calls notify-send.  But
that will issue all of today's reminders, not just ones in the past.
If you make all of your timed reminders include the time at the beginning,
something like this:


    REM AT 7:30 MSG %*3: Morning Routine

then your announce-reminder script could filter out ones that are not in
the past.

Regards,

Dianne.
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to