Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:

Replying to myself...

     set ffn evaltrig("fri after nov 1 SCANFROM -7")


Ah... don't use "after".  It's not doing what you think.  Better to
write it as:

       set ffn evaltrig("fri nov 1 SCANFROM -7")

Or:

       set ffn evaltrig("first fri in nov SCANFROM -7")



Hi Dianne,

Thank you for your helpful reply - it pointed me in the right direction.

I’m trying to set up a reminder for our festival, which begins on the
weekend that follows the first Friday after November 1 (a public holiday).
In other words, the festival starts on the first Friday after November 1.
For example, if November 1 falls on a Friday, the festival would begin
on November 7, not on the first Friday of the month.

Based on the guidance you gave, I’ve drafted the following rule:

FSET ffn(x) wkdaynum(x) == 5 && day(x) > 1 && day(x) < 8
REM Nov SATISFY [ffn($T) || ffn($T‑1) || ffn($T‑2)] MSG Our Festival

I’m wondering whether there’s a simpler or more robust way to express this
logic.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Best regards,
Ron
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to