JOHN MACKEY wrote:

> I guess you won't need any more advice from us!!

On the contrary. I think we will be answering a lot of questions...

"What duplexer gives me the most off-freq rejection?"

"What can I do to reduce TX noise"

"Does anyone have a spectrum analyzer for sale?"

Etc.

> "ac0y5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Seeing as how these animals must have been TYPE
> > ACCEPTED for commertial use they must meet some minimal spectral
> > requirements.

Well, at least ONE (the one submitted for acceptance) met some standards
at the time it was submitted. Of course, I don't know of any standards
for follow-up testing for when components break down. So, yes, at least
one met some kind of standards at one point.

I'm not knocking Spectrum - I'm just relating experience. I have
yet to see one that stayed clean over the long haul. Any that
aren't clean surely can't meet the type acceptance they once had.
I've been interfered with from several 'type accepted' transmitters.

This is one thing that Motorola always used to brag about when
submitting bids. While Motorola specs are 'guaranteed minimum specs',
many others are 'typical specs'. There IS a difference. With one, all
units meet the specs, with the other, half the units do - HALF DON'T!

Joe M.