--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, mch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> JOHN MACKEY wrote:
> >
> > I guess you won't need any more advice from us!!
>
> On the contrary. I think we will be answering a lot of questions...
>
> "What duplexer gives me the most off-freq rejection?"
>
> "What can I do to reduce TX noise"
>
> "Does anyone have a spectrum analyzer for sale?"
>
> Etc.
>
> > "ac0y5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Seeing as how these animals must have been TYPE
> > > ACCEPTED for commertial use they must meet some minimal
spectral
> > > requirements.
>
> Well, at least ONE (the one submitted for acceptance) met some
standards
> at the time it was submitted. Of course, I don't know of any
standards
> for follow-up testing for when components break down. So, yes, at
least
> one met some kind of standards at one point.
>
> I'm not knocking Spectrum - I'm just relating experience. I have
> yet to see one that stayed clean over the long haul. Any that
> aren't clean surely can't meet the type acceptance they once had.
> I've been interfered with from several 'type accepted'
transmitters.

> This is one thing that Motorola always used to brag about when
> submitting bids. While Motorola specs are 'guaranteed minimum
specs',
YEP, I've heard that from many a Motorola salesman. But experance,
has told me that motorola will over SPEC a base transmitter for the
sale. "SPEC ON DEMAND"

> many others are 'typical specs'. There IS a difference. With one,
all
> units meet the specs, with the other, half the units do - HALF
DON'T!

Joe, I don't mind taking your comments, I read a little concern.
Please read my response to MR MACKEYs post.

73 ALL