> A competitor of ours wired a cement truck with a new Kenwood right to
> the battery with both leads (not fusing the negative lead). It lost the
> chassis ground, and the starter current went through the radio back to
> the battery. The radio was toast (literally). > Joe M.

I would agree that this is one of the main factors for fusing the ground.
Remember you have a antenna that is grounded with a possibility of a ground
difference. Use better than OEM fuse holders though, for I had a hum in my
radio at full power that went away when I put real fuse holders on it.
I think it is safe to say that no ground fuse is necessary in vehicles as long
as it is the ONLY ground (not mounted to metal and no antenna connected)

John - KI4AWK

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: