I use the blade type fuse holders and solder them in. I experience much less
voltage drop across them, resulting in more power out of the radio.
Richard, N7TGB

-----Original Message-----
From: Rod Lane [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 10:07 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Fuses on power cords

I think we all agree that there's nothing wrong with having the fuses
there.

With that said, and we want to install fuses in the grounds of existing
radios without the fuses, is there a favorite fuse holder for in-line
use?  I've never seen a 3AG style in-line fuseholder like comes with
most radios as a stand-alone purchasable item.  It usually comes with a
short (most times inadequate) length of wire out each end, already
crimped to the buttons or clamps used for contact to the fuses.

The only other kind of in-line fuseholders I've seen is the kind that
use the new blade type automotive fuses.  I picked up one that is
designed to solderlessly connect to the wires in an
insulation-displacement style, but it looked really weak.  I wouldn't
trust it with a couple of amps, let alone what a high power radio would
need.

73 de N1FNE

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: